Shutters are an elegant and easy way to ensure privacy, security and shade from sunlight.
With a choice of six different styles, we are sure you’ll find the right shutters for your home or office – and if you need guidance on the right solution for your windows, we’re happy to help!
Choose from classic full-height and garden door shutters to flexible tier-on-tier and chic café style shutters. We also provide shutters for bay windows and shaped windows, such as arches and A-frames.
Shutters from The Blinds and Shutter Company are customised to fit your windows precisely.
Shutters work best when they perfectly fit the size and shape of your windows. They are made from solid materials to the nearest millimetre and are fixed into place with hinges, so careful measuring is crucial.
Measured to Perfection
- Book an appointment with us and Drew or Gary will visit your property to take the correct measurements.
- Our shutters will be designed and made to fit perfectly in front of your windows
Selecting the right Shutters
- If you’re not sure what shutter would work best for your windows, we would be delighted to advise you, based on the effect you want to achieve for your room
- For example:
- Full height shutters provide a high level of privacy
- Café-style shutters allow more light in from above
- Shaped window shutters are suitable for windows with a round top or bottom
Are Shutters easy to use?
- All shutters can be opened to access the window behind
- You don’t have to pull any cords as you do with most types of blinds
- Louvres are opened and closed with a tilt wand fixed to the front of each louvre, connecting them all together
- You just move the tilt wand up and down to open and close the louvres
- If you’d rather not see the tilt wand, we can build the mechanism into the shutter so the louvres are connected but no wand is visible on either the front or rear of the shutter
Can I choose the material?
Absolutely, you can - here is some guidance on the materials we advise:
- The materials we use to create your shutters may include Hardwood, Engineered or Faux Wood or Vinyl
- Most Shutters work best with Engineered Wood which is the more robust material, is easy to clean and completely maintenance free
- Engineered Wood Shutters have an MDF core with a polymer wrap that contains UV inhibitors to protect the shutters from fading
- We recommend Hardwood if you are looking for special shaped shutters or if you want three panels bi-folding on one set of hinges
- Vinyl or Faux Wood shutters are used in bathrooms or areas where moisture is present
We would be delighted to answer any questions to help you make your shutter selection. Please call, email – or book an appointment.
Safer Window Blinds
We’re BBSA Accredited which means we make blinds safe. The BBSA has been instrumental in leading the campaign for safer window blinds in the UK via its Make it Safe campaign.
You are just 3 SIMPLE STEPS AWAY from your perfect BLINDS, SHUTTERS or CURTAINS:
1. Book an appointment and we'll visit at a time to suit you.
2. We'll measure up and talk you through your style options.
3. Your blinds, shutters or curtains will be tailormade for your windows and we will arrange a time to install and transform your home.
Here’s what some of our happy clients have said:
One of the most recommended blinds and shutter companies in Staffordshire
Based on an excess of 100 5 Star Google Reviews